Stephen Thrasher, Comet Smasher

I Crocheted a Blanket!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 by Stephen

Over Christmas break, I saw a blanket that I liked at my brother's house. My sis-in-law made it. I thought to myself, why don't I make one of these to pass the time when I have to listen to something but have enough attention for something else? So she had Jimmy send me the pattern.

So I order some yarn and get to work. Not long after, I find out that there's a Stitch Club at work, and that they're doing a blanket drive for Project Linus. Great! Now I have something warm and fuzzy to do with this warm and fuzzy blanket which doesn't quite match our curtains. I finished it, a full 50" x 50", in March. See the photos below.


I like the border, which is done with reverse single crochets, giving it a rope-like look. I also like how the pattern looks much more complicated than it is. The final step is to sew the Project Linus tag onto the corner. Then I can take it to the donation party, which won't be until June.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Apr 16, 2008, 1:00:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

What's the demographic of that stitch club?

 
At Apr 16, 2008, 1:55:00 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

Maybe 10 women, only 2 men. I tried to start a conversation one time about how Sylvester Stallone's character in Demolition Man was given the power to knit as part of his cryo-prison rehabilitation program. The only response I got was a few uncomfortable looks.

 
At Apr 16, 2008, 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Stephen i'll give you a
present today
LOVE
CHIP

 
At Apr 16, 2008, 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

And happy birthday from me too!

 
At Apr 16, 2008, 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

:) Funny about talking of Demolition Man with a bunch of women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home