Stephen Thrasher, Comet Smasher

Giant Daisy

Saturday, April 19, 2008 by Stephen

I like stitching photos together. Last fall, I thought I'd try my hand at stitching macro photos together, and I worked the bugs out a little bit taking photos of a leaf. More recently, I tried my hand at a daisy.


This is 26 photos stitched together using Hugin and Enblend. I am unhappy about the background. It is yellow tissue paper, and I had a light behind the paper, and I hoped the texture would come through more. I plan to photograph just the paper and replace the background. With a slightly larger background, this photo will be 50 megapixels. Not bad for a 2.5" flower.

This should look good at 30"x30". I'm thinking of doing a series of these and have some plans in the works.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home