Stephen Thrasher, Comet Smasher

The New Bed

Monday, September 06, 2010 by RDT

As I type, Stephen is sleeping - no, snoring on the couch after a long day. If we had a family competition for the hardest worker, Stephen would win it today, hands down.

Today, on Labor Day, we built Marlee her very first big girl bed. We used these plans (thank you, Ana) and Stephen did almost all the construction himself. Marlee was also a trooper today, as we kept her inside almost the whole day. Poor little girl. With an awesome new bed.


(the bed frame)


(the bed frame with side and front rails and front legs)


(the headboard)


(upholstering the headboard)


YAY!

8 Comments:

At Sep 6, 2010, 9:18:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Wow, really cool!

 
At Sep 7, 2010, 6:03:00 AM, Blogger Deanna said...

Too cute! What a fun project - well done! It turned out great!

 
At Sep 7, 2010, 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am impressed. But now she's free!

 
At Sep 7, 2010, 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow!

 
At Sep 7, 2010, 9:03:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ooo, I love it! I think I'll use the same plans and have Bryan and his dad make one for Jacob.

Great job!

 
At Sep 8, 2010, 4:16:00 PM, Anonymous Rachel said...

This is AWESOME you guys. I especially like your choice of striped material. Also, Marlee is so big now. Crazy.

 
At Jul 2, 2011, 8:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your link at Ana-White site and was wondering if you could tell me how much (approximately) this project cost to do.

Also, how long did it take you guys?

Great Job-love the stripe fabric!!

 
At Jul 2, 2011, 1:58:00 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

Anon July 2, I'm sorry to say that we didn't tally up the total cost. I think it was around $100. It cost more than the cheap stuff, but it's really solid, not to mention we made it ourselves. Marlee sometimes asks us both to sit with her and sing, and it has no problem holding our 300+ lb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home